The Canadian Federation of University Women (CFUW) will be celebrating its 100th Anniversary in 2019. As a member of this respected national organization, CFUW Guelph has been active for over 70 years. During this time, we have been dedicated to the advancement of health and educational opportunities for women and children. We currently provide over $8500 annually in scholarships and bursaries to students in Guelph-Wellington.
To celebrate the 100th Anniversary of CFUW National, CFUW Guelph is creating a special one-time award for one student in financial need, to provide support for up to three years of full-time study in an accredited post-secondary program, starting in September 2019.
Details of Award:
- We will contribute $3000 annually for up to 3 years of full-time study at a recognized (OSAP-eligible) post-secondary institution, beginning in September 2019.
- This award is intended for a student entering or currently attending a post-secondary program that is likely to make a significant difference in his or her ability to find long-term employment.
- Applicants will be required to write an application letter describing educational and career goals and explaining how our support would be used. Transcripts, letters of reference, and documentation of financial need are required.
- The selected student must provide documentation of acceptance into an academic program as soon as it is available (Spring 2019), and proof of enrollment prior to the first payment in September 2019. Subsequent annual installments will be paid upon satisfactory academic performance.
- Applicants must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- Applicants must be a current or former resident of Wellington County OR a student from outside the region who is attending any campus of the University of Guelph or Conestoga College.
- This award is available to any suitable candidate who is unable to continue their education without financial help, but we specifically encourage applications from all under-represented minorities.
Interested candidates should submit by October 15, 2018:
A letter of application* (up to 500 words) describing:
- personal background
- academic and career goals
- financial situation
- Two letters of reference (at least one from a teacher or sponsor agency)
- The student’s most recent transcript.
Submit application and all queries by email to:
Esther Semple, Chair, CFUW Guelph Scholarship Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
*All personal information submitted will be kept in strictest confidence.