In September 2015, the members of CFUW Guelph passed a motion to make changes to the Scholarships and Awards granted through the Scholarships and Awards Trust Fund. The total amount of our awards was increased to $8,500.00 with the addition of three new awards*.
2015-2016 CFUW Guelph Schedule of Scholarships and Awards
funded through the Scholarships and Awards Trust Fund
- $1,000 – Awarded to a female University of Guelph student registered in Year 3 in the Fall semester in either B.Eng., B.A. (College of Physical and Engineering Science) or B.Sc. (College of Physical and Engineering Science) who has the highest cumulative average. Preference is given to a student who has graduated from a secondary school in Wellington County.
- $1,000 – The CFUW Scholarship for Women in Graduate Studies in Nutritional Sciences (University of Guelph). This award is based on academic achievement, relevant research activities, demonstrated strong leadership abilities, and extra-curricular activities related to nutrition and health or women’s issues. Qualifying applicants in a graduate program offered by the Department of Human Health and Nutritional Sciences working on a thesis relevant to human nutrition are eligible. The award was started once the Endowment Fund reached sufficient funds to generate $500 in interest annually.
- $1000 – Master of Fine Arts Award (University of Guelph). Awarded to a practising female artist whose work in studio and/or art history classes is considered outstanding. Applicants must submit a portfolio to the Chair of the Fine Art Department. This award was started with a $1000 bequest from long time club member and art teacher Margaret Craig.
- $1500 – Conestoga College Bursaries (3 x $500). The award is directed to a female student who demonstrates academic progress and demonstrates financial need. Preference is given to a resident of Wellington County.
- $500 – Early Childhood Education Professional Development Grant. Introduced in 2011 and awarded by The Guelph Community Health Centre. Since we would like to encourage people in non-traditional roles, this award is open to men as well as women.
- $1000 – Guelph Youth Music Centre Award. Our support helps to provide programming for youth and children from all walks of life, with an emphasis on children with special needs. Bursaries can be in music, dance or any other arts program. 2011 was the first year that money was given to GYMC.
- $500 – Family and Children’s Services Education Support Program – *This award was started in 2015-16.
- $1000 – Hope House Bridges Out of Poverty Education Support Fund – *This award was started in 2015-16.
- $1000 – Wyndham House Emergency Education Fund – *This award was started in 2015-16.