Schedule of Awards
University of Guelph
- $1,000 – CFUW Guelph-Engineering Scholarship. Female students registered in year 3 in the Fall semester in the College of Engineering and Physical Science are eligible. Selection is based on the highest cumulative grade average.
- $1,000 – CFUW Guelph –Nutritional Sciences Graduate Scholarship. Female students registered in a graduate program in the Department of Human Health and Nutritional Sciences who are working on a thesis project relevant to human nutrition are eligible. Selection is based on academic achievement, relevant research activities, demonstrated strong leadership abilities and extra-curricular activities related to nutrition and health or women’s issues. Preference is given to students who have graduated from a secondary school in Guelph or Wellington County.
- $1000 – CFUW Guelph –Master of Fine Arts Scholarship – Full-time students registered in the Master of Fine Arts program are eligible. Selection is based on excellence in studio art and/or art history. Preference will be given to a practicing female artist with additional preference to a student who has graduated from a secondary school in Guelph or Wellington County.
- $1500 – Conestoga College Bursaries (3 x $500). The awards are directed to female students who demonstrate financial need and are making excellent academic progress in any program. Preference is given to a resident or former resident of Guelph or Wellington County.
$500 is awarded to a student in Conestoga’s ECE diploma or Early Learning Program Development degree program, based on academic achievement and promise.
Other Guelph Wellington Community Agencies
- $1000 – Guelph Youth Music Centre Award. Our support helps to provide music, dance or other arts programming for youth and children, with an emphasis on families with demonstrated financial need and/or children with special needs.
- Up to $1000 – Wyndham House Emergency Education Fund – provides financial support for post-secondary education.
- Up to $1000 – Hope House – provides support for participants who are registered in post-secondary education.
The CFUW Guelph 75th Anniversary Award
- In the spring of 2021, in partnership with Conestoga College, and with a donation from the RBC Foundation, the Club established an endowed award at the School of Engineering for a female student.
- The first award of $1000 will be granted in 2021. Thereafter, the award will be $1500 per year.
- The student must be in third or fourth year, have a minimum overall average of 70%, demonstrate financial need, be a domestic student, and preferably be from Guelph or Wellington County.