See how you can help!
CFUW Guelph Emergency Food Relief Fund
CFUW Guelph’s Executive and Advocacy Committee are working together on an appeal to our members to address increased food insecurity as a result of the Covid-19 crisis. We know that many of you have already made personal donations or may have helped through other organizations. There is no pressure to participate, but if you can help, we’d like to do it together.
To get us started our club executive has approved the use of $300 from the one-time community connections fund. We will donate this money to The SEED, a not-for-profit food project that delivers community programs to address food insecurity. The Seed is located at the Guelph Community Health Centre and was created in 2015 by a coalition of community organizations. In normal times, they operate food collection & distribution to neighborhood food pantries, community kitchens, and community markets, providing garden-fresh food boxes at wholesale prices, as well as work opportunities for youth.
The Ask –
Below is a list of agencies/organizations that provide emergency food relief. You may know of others or have a favorite charity you already support. The choice is yours.
- Chalmers Community Services https://chalmerscentre.ca/
- Children’s Foundation: https://interland3.donorperfect.net/weblink/weblink.aspx?name=E920301QE&id=87
- Food4Kids: https://www.canadahelps.org/en/dn/47626
- Guelph Neighbourhood Support Coalition https://www.canadahelps.org/en/dn/18522
- Hope House https://lakesidehopehouse.ca/donate-now/
- The SEED Emergency Food https://harvestimpact.ca/the-seed-emergency-food-home-delivery/
- The Welcome In Drop In Centre https://dropincentre.kindful.com/
How to Participate
- Please choose the agency/organization you wish to support.
- Make your donation (any amount is appreciated) indicating that it is on behalf of the “CFUW Guelph Emergency Food Relief Fund.”
- Email email@example.com using the subject heading “CFUW Guelph Emergency Food Relief Fund” so we can keep a tally of the numbers of CFUW members contributing. If you wish, also include the agency name and amount (optional)
- We will collect the number of donations made and an aggregate amount (where indicated) to report to the membership and to Ontario Council and/or National. Please note: Your donations are confidential – we will not be collecting donor names or individual donation amounts.