CFUW Guelph will take all reasonable steps to ensure independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity for all its members and guests by complying with the Accessibility Customer Service policy in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) June 2005, effective January 1, 2012. The policy relates to all members and guests.
At the first General Meeting of the club year (September), the President will make members aware of the principles and the requirements of AODA and a link to Accessibility information will appear in the New Member’s Orientation Manual, on the website and in the masthead of each newsletter.
The purpose of this procedure is to guide the Executive Committee and members to ensure compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) June 2005, effective January 1, 2012.
The policy addresses:
- The provision of goods and services to persons with disabilities;
- The use of assistive devices by persons with disabilities;
- The use of service animals by persons with disabilities;
- The use of support persons by persons with disabilities;
- Notice of temporary disruptions in services and facilities;
- Member/Guest feedback regarding the provision of goods and services to persons with disabilities;
- Notice of availability and format of documents
CFUW Guelph members are requested to complete an online course. Please visit The Ministry of Community and Social Services Serve-Ability: Transforming Ontario’s Customer Service to view the audio-slide presentation. Numbers are required, so once you have viewed the presentation, please send an email to CFUW Guelph to confirm that you have completed the online course.
Further information can be found on the Ontario Council website under Insurance & Risk Management, or from the following links: